Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
--Remember to always vote for Harlequin RO!--
SERVER IS UP. EVERYTHING IS UP AND RUNNING. PLEASE GO DOWNLOAD THE NEW INSTALLER.

So...about this installer.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bumbee

So...about this installer. Empty
PostSubject: So...about this installer.   So...about this installer. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:11 am

Well I installed it right out of the pack into my old HarlequinRO folder...when I clicked HarlequinRO.exe though it just kept starting up the setup program until I did a CAD+End process on the HarlequinRO task. I'm guessing I did something wrong. Then I tried running the ragray patcher on a whim...I won't go into the details of how bizarrely that messed up.
So, here I am trying a fresh install of ragray, fully updating it with the ragray patcher, then launching the new Harlequin installer. That seems like a good, proper order for things. More on that when it's done.

Anyway, this is more just a forewarned-is-forearmed sorta thing for anyone running the installer, I guess...and opens up the thread if any more installer issues pop up out of the blue.

EDIT: Well, that didn't work out so well. It gave a message that said Ragnarok_RE has changed! Then directed me to the korean site. Maybe...err...I'll try downloading a new ragray...?

Last edited by Bumbee on Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kuurenai

Kuurenai

PostSubject: Re: So...about this installer.   So...about this installer. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:21 am

I got the same exact problem.
Back to top Go down
Aisaka Taiga

Aisaka Taiga

PostSubject: Re: So...about this installer.   So...about this installer. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:53 pm

Try this one

Setup.exe

If it works. Tell me

Last edited by Aisaka Taiga on Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GM Zazie
Admin
Admin
GM Zazie

PostSubject: Re: So...about this installer.   So...about this installer. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 1:41 pm

Chris, I had that same problem when I opened the first time. The whole "Ragnarok_RE has changed". Just close it, and reopen it. Should work.
Back to top Go down
http://harlequinro.roflforum.net
Bumbee

PostSubject: Re: So...about this installer.   So...about this installer. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 2:36 pm

Even after the Ragnarok_RE has changed message though, it will continually open Setup.exe, and whether you confirm or cancel or change settings or leave settings, as soon as it closes Setup.exe will open again unless I do CTRL+ALT+DEL, go to Processes, and end the HarlequinRO.exe process.
This was when directing the installer to the old directory. When directing it to the directory with a freshly installed Ragray (20100521) a message comes up instead of Setup.exe, the message reads: {Header} Windows XP Setup

Please go to the control panel to install and configure system components.

I've just finished downloading Ragray 20100730 and will try a fresh install with that, then patch, then install harlequinro. If that doesn't work I'll try a fresh install, then not patch, then run HarlequinRO.exe...just cause, I guess. After that, I just don't know.

EDIT: A quick online search of that error revealed something fishy about an Autorun.inf. Which is interesting because it mentions the first line of it apparently reads open=Setup.exe
Therefore it's quite possible it's looking for Setup.exe in the RO directory...and finding it, thought not the same Setup.exe it's no doubt looking for. The fact that there are two of us having this problem means...er...something. Not sure what though. Have people been able to successfully log on that aren't in the whole admin sector?

Last edited by Bumbee on Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GM Zazie
Admin
Admin
GM Zazie

PostSubject: Re: So...about this installer.   So...about this installer. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 2:36 pm

Do me a favor and add me on msn. Twinklinparadise@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://harlequinro.roflforum.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So...about this installer.   So...about this installer. Empty

Back to top Go down

So...about this installer.
Page 1 of 1