Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
--Remember to always vote for Harlequin RO!--
SERVER IS UP. EVERYTHING IS UP AND RUNNING. PLEASE GO DOWNLOAD THE NEW INSTALLER.

Bugs bugs bugs~

Go down 
+2
GM Zazie
Bumbee
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bumbee

Bugs bugs bugs~ Empty
PostSubject: Bugs bugs bugs~   Bugs bugs bugs~ EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 8:58 pm

So, unless there's one already I suppose there should be an official bug reporting thread...since there seem to be quite a lot of them. Here are some I've noticed so far:

The Character Select button doesn't work on the ESC menu.
The party window doesn't update locations and online information.
A balloon basket in the town square is in the middle of one of the large crystal statue thingies

I guess that's all off the top of my head...more to come, I'm sure.

Oh yeah, and I can't seem to log in anymore. Did the server close or somethin?
Back to top Go down
GM Zazie
Admin
Admin
GM Zazie

Bugs bugs bugs~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugs bugs bugs~   Bugs bugs bugs~ EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 10:47 pm

"A balloon basket in the town square is in the middle of one of the large crystal statue thingies"

That's how it is suppose to be.
Back to top Go down
http://harlequinro.roflforum.net
Aisaka Taiga

Aisaka Taiga

Bugs bugs bugs~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugs bugs bugs~   Bugs bugs bugs~ EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:20 pm

Try to delete the old harlequin ro and install the new one. Or install it on a freshly installed kro/ragray
Back to top Go down
Atra

Bugs bugs bugs~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugs bugs bugs~   Bugs bugs bugs~ EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:29 pm

No, see, Bumbee and I were playing on the new install for a while, then it just crapped out on us. Admittedly, it's back now, but for a while nobody had access it seems.
Back to top Go down
Aisaka Taiga

Aisaka Taiga

Bugs bugs bugs~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugs bugs bugs~   Bugs bugs bugs~ EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:31 pm

Pretty weird. Since after you posted a problem about the setup.exe last time, I installed a fresh ragray/kro to see if I'm going to get a problem on that. Regarding those bugs that you call, I haven't encountered it yet.
Back to top Go down
Atra

Bugs bugs bugs~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugs bugs bugs~   Bugs bugs bugs~ EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:43 pm

You're probably right about me needing a fresh install. If I get another bug, I'll try that before complaining again. In my defense though, I'm not the only one who has been getting these problems.
Back to top Go down
Aisaka Taiga

Aisaka Taiga

Bugs bugs bugs~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugs bugs bugs~   Bugs bugs bugs~ EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:46 pm

I know. But the best thing to do is install a fresh one. Since there might be some collision with some files.
Back to top Go down
Bumbee

Bugs bugs bugs~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugs bugs bugs~   Bugs bugs bugs~ EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 2:17 am

I think these "bugs" I'm running into only occur when the server "crashes"...the thing is it's a really weird type of crash. I can run around and play normally, except I can't use character select...and of course, any time the server's down it won't save anything I DO, so it just sort of wastes time. And it's really impossible to know when it's down since it doesn't actually crash. Really bizarre.
Back to top Go down
Aisaka Taiga

Aisaka Taiga

Bugs bugs bugs~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugs bugs bugs~   Bugs bugs bugs~ EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 2:42 am

You can check the server status here

server status
Back to top Go down
Bumbee

Bugs bugs bugs~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugs bugs bugs~   Bugs bugs bugs~ EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:59 am

That doesn't seem to work too well x: Not at the moment at least. At the point in time we can't use character select (login server down?), I checked that link, which said all servers were up. Then I exited, then I tried logging in, and couldn't. On either account, just to make sure it wasn't still recognizing my other login in something.
So that being said, not too sure what's going on there. At least it means all those bugs are just one goofy thing going on.

...or is it possible this is all client side problems I'm experiencing?
Back to top Go down
Aisaka Taiga

Aisaka Taiga

Bugs bugs bugs~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugs bugs bugs~   Bugs bugs bugs~ EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 4:09 am

I doubt it. Since I can login and logoff. And I'm using the same installer.
Back to top Go down
Bumbee

Bugs bugs bugs~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugs bugs bugs~   Bugs bugs bugs~ EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 6:02 am

If it's not client side I guess the server is kinda having a case of hiccups then? Tsk. Wonder what causes it...WoE started right before this happened, but that wouldn't mess it up like that, would it?

EDIT: I'm now convinced...every time WoE turns on, the server gets all weird. No character select, no logins, and no saved data. Not sure what happens if you stay on from the beginning to end of WoE...maybe it just goes back to normal and you're fine, since the server never formally kicks you off or anything. Hm.
Back to top Go down
Seiren

Seiren

Bugs bugs bugs~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugs bugs bugs~   Bugs bugs bugs~ EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:32 am

I don't know if it's at the end of WoE or not, but everyone does indeed get booted. It's not just you, Bumbee. At the very least, me, Skeletn, and Frankie all're having the same problem.

At the end of the problem, after everyone gets booted, it rolls back to whenever the problem started and logging in/going back to the selection screen works fine. It's pretty frequent, but I never bothered to pay attention if it was at the same time as WoE or not.

Also worth noting that 0 player count on the server status page is a lie. I know for a fact that at least Frankie has been on clear through(That is, until the server-wide boot/rollback.) at least three of them.(Do keep in mind that I did actually check the server status when I realized this was happening earlier, knowing both Skeletn and Frankie were on.) Since there's pretty much no real warning of when it's happening (Until the d/c and rollback at the end...) it's pretty easy to keep doing stuff as normal.
Back to top Go down
Aisaka Taiga

Aisaka Taiga

Bugs bugs bugs~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugs bugs bugs~   Bugs bugs bugs~ EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 11:02 am

There's a problem with the server. I just noticed it. It just closes the connection which leads to server downtime and roll backs. I'm currently waiting for the host personnel to upload the server back-up I made.
Back to top Go down
Seiren

Seiren

Bugs bugs bugs~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugs bugs bugs~   Bugs bugs bugs~ EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:45 pm

Still screwed... Haven't been able to get on since yesterday. :<

EDIT: ...It's almost been down for a full day straight, now. ;_;

EDIT2: ....Four days ;_;
Back to top Go down
Bumbee

Bugs bugs bugs~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugs bugs bugs~   Bugs bugs bugs~ EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 6:17 pm

Soooo, any updates? The 2 am psyche out would lead me to believe something's happened in the meantime. Are we no longer waiting for systeminplace to upload the backup?
Back to top Go down
Deedles

Deedles

Bugs bugs bugs~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugs bugs bugs~   Bugs bugs bugs~ EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 6:27 pm

Does the Ragray for the Harlequin 2.0 still useable with the new installer? Or do i have to download a new one or something? Because i tried patching everything in my old folder didn't really worked out for me so i'm reinstalling.
Back to top Go down
Seiren

Seiren

Bugs bugs bugs~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugs bugs bugs~   Bugs bugs bugs~ EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 7:00 pm

Back to top Go down
Aisaka Taiga

Aisaka Taiga

Bugs bugs bugs~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugs bugs bugs~   Bugs bugs bugs~ EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 1:07 am

Well we're having problems with system in place. After 2 days of waiting they installed the back up and said it's running. So I tried logging in. But I can only get to character selection then got disconnected. While checking the logs I suspected that there's something wrong with what they did. So posted a support ticket to them. I just got the reply this morning about compatibility issues (Like what I've suspected.) Now the thing is, there might be another wipe because of the compatibility issue.
Back to top Go down
Bumbee

Bugs bugs bugs~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugs bugs bugs~   Bugs bugs bugs~ EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 2:08 am

Oh, sounds lovely. Well that'll be a little bit annoying getting to 99 again, but I guess it's only a day, and worth it just to have the server back up. So! We eagerly await some awesome good news.
That being said, what on earth wouldn't be compatible about the new one that was still compatible with the old one? I thought the ratio of removed things to added things was leaning toward more things being removed? Sigh...just don't get it. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Aisaka Taiga

Aisaka Taiga

Bugs bugs bugs~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugs bugs bugs~   Bugs bugs bugs~ EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 5:53 am

I'll give yah something to think of what's new.

Elemental Spirits. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Bumbee

Bugs bugs bugs~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugs bugs bugs~   Bugs bugs bugs~ EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 1:46 pm

Oh snap.
So we're finally going to have a way to get those elemental armors, woohoo. Among other things, no doubt...new mobs make me giddy.
Back to top Go down
Aisaka Taiga

Aisaka Taiga

Bugs bugs bugs~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugs bugs bugs~   Bugs bugs bugs~ EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 10:21 pm

No. Not armors. Skill
Back to top Go down
Bumbee

Bugs bugs bugs~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugs bugs bugs~   Bugs bugs bugs~ EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 10:51 pm

...Oh. THOOOOSE spirits. Okay, now I'm even more excited. I also remember hearing the Sura skills worked just before the server tanked. So much to do, so little time! Well actually, there's plenty of time lately. But that's neither here nor there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bugs bugs bugs~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugs bugs bugs~   Bugs bugs bugs~ Empty

Back to top Go down

Bugs bugs bugs~
Page 1 of 1